Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Living in Waller

 




Alex and Mitchell- starting to finally get along!  Stepbrothers! 



Homegrown onions 🧅 


Living with Kevin in the guest house on his parents’ 10 acre property is wonderful. The only negative is the driving. It’s a 65 mile drive one way to get to work for me. He drives all over the place anyway for his job, so he doesn’t care. He gets a car allowance. 

I get mileage pay if I drive my 91 year old client anywhere or run errands for her while clocked in, but not for to and from work. I didn’t tell her or the office that I moved to Waller. She knows that my boyfriend moved out there, but she doesn’t know I went with him. If she knew, she’d assume that I’m leaving, and I’m not. I don’t want to. 

For one thing, I still have to make the drive to fulfill my obligations to my daughter and my mom. If I got a caregiver job near Waller, I may not even be able to do the driving back and forth to do for them what I need to do for my daughter and mom. Evita is turning 17 in June, so I only have just over 14 months left until she’s 18 and don’t have to deal with custody arrangements anymore. My mom is self sufficient, but she can’t handle the vacuum or the trash. 

I also still do retail audits on six apps as a side hustle. Being forced to drive so far gives me the opportunity to do more of them on the way two and from. My daily goal is one audit in the morning and one in the afternoon, at least. Sometimes I do more. Sometimes, if Kevin is home early, I just go home without doing any. Just so I can see him. I also have a lot of things to listen to. I listen to Travis Everette, who is a real estate instructor on YouTube. (His entire class, all lectures, are free on YouTube!) and several audiobooks. Right now, I’m just trying to finish all the audiobooks in my library that I never finished, except for the Bible which is 52 hours. 

I’m also very devoted to my 91 year old client who will turn 92 next month. For one thing, she’s very nice to me. Kindness is worth a million bucks to me when it comes to elderly people. I’ve worked with some meanies. She’s also very generous and always lets me buy lunch on her card. I really want to stick with her until she dies. She doesn’t deserve to end up with a lazy or otherwise crappy person. There are a lot of crappy caregivers out there. Let them have the meanies. 

Kevin’s stepfather is turning 87 this Thursday. He’s an avid Gardner. He has a ton of tomato plants. I asked permission to plant a garden, and they gave me waayyyy more area than I could have imagined!  In one of the areas, there was a lot of weeds and a lot of trash including 144 nasty mason jars. I spent this weekend clearing that area out and starting seeds with my daughter. I also found over 50 pots that they said I could use.  I have no idea what to put in over 50 pots!!  Kevin spent the weekend clearing all the weeds and trash from the front and back patios of the guest house.  The last time I had a garden was in 2010 when Evita was 3!  Then Kevin’s stepfather took Evita aside and taught her how to re-pot tomato plants. He gave her two tomato plants to take back to her dad’s house. She also learned to drive the mule. The mule is a small vehicle, not an animal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment