Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Getting Organized for Christmas

 I thought I was going to just stuff the $100 bill from my client into the 100 spot in the 100 envelope challenge I posted about below. But I didn’t. I went to Walmart for an oil change, cat litter, and two prescriptions. I stuffed those envelopes with the change I received. I filled five envelopes, can’t remember which ones. I feel like I achieved more this way, not sure why. 

I met the parents of my new boyfriend Kevin. They live about 75 miles away on a ranch and are in their 80’s. They adore me. I’m super happy about that. It feels awesome to have a “mother in law” that likes you. Kevin has three sisters, but one is estranged. I have not met any of them. Kevin says his parents actually pressured him to and wanted him to find someone, but gave up about ten years ago. That’s weird to me, but ok. It means they are more likely to like me. They have an adorable dog named Thomas.  They are also avid gardeners and gave us each bunches of green onions. Kevin has three cats that live indoors and two outside that he feeds. They’d rather be outside, and they have been fixed. Kevin’s favorite cat is named Mitchell. Here are pics of Thomas and Mitchell. 



I want to spend Christmas Eve and Day getting organized. I have to pick up Evita at 6:00 pm. She’ll be with me, and we’ll celebrate. My mom bought a frozen tray of pastitso from the church, and I’m making my famous avgolemono soup. We also have frozen spanakopita and a big thing of Neapolitan ice cream. 
I wanted to make Evita a “gift card bouquet” with gift cards and candy  Here’s a link to instructions. But it didn’t look as nice as in that video. So I just gave up on it, put all the gift cards in a little box, got her a squishmallow, and put it in a gift bag with the gift card box, candy, and a few things I ordered for her. I got her some very specific t shirts she wanted. I kept eating and replacing the candy. But now I’m sure the gift bag has as much candy as it did when I first put it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment