Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

More Goals

Back on November 1st, I started the Nanowrimo challenge with the book I’m writing. On November 5th, I quit the challenge, but I didn’t quit my book. The daily commitment was just too much for me with such heavy content. Towards the end of November, I went back to my book and just started from the beginning. In the past, I wasn’t going in order. I was just writing different scenes when I felt like it and then copy pasting them in order into the main document on my computer. Now that I started yet another document with it “from the beginning”, I copy paste a scene from the original document when I get there. 
I’m putting this here just to assert that just because I sometimes quit internet challenges, I don’t quit the main idea. 
This money savings challenge called “The 100 envelope challenge” is being advertised all over TikTok, and I caved and ordered one on Black Friday. Each slot is an “envelope” and you number each one from 1-100. In each numbered slot, you put the corresponding dollar amount. If you succeed in filling the whole binder, you will have saved $5,050. 
I want to do it. Can I?  I don’t know. I also thought a fun way to save is just to stick a $20 in each slot for an end result of $2,000 if you don’t think you can do the real “$5,050” challenge. But I got it in the mail last night and ok I think I can do it. 
It’s easiest explained Here
I thought about just putting it in my daughter’s Christmas bag since she’s 16, has no bills, and can do it a lot easier. But then I got it and was like nah, I’m doing this myself. 
Am I going to have to take money out?  “Dip into it” so to speak?  Maybe. Does that mean I failed if I do?  Idk, does it?  Not really in the same way that I failed at Nanowrimo, but still continued my book. 
You can also condense the envelopes as you go, know what I mean?  You can put the $90 and the $5 together into the $95, which opens the easy $5 spot for you again. (And the $90 spot). 
Tomorrow I’m getting paid $85 from some retail audits I did last week, and my plan is to go to the bank, get the $85 and say I want it in any combination of $10s, $5s, and $1s. Let the teller decide. Then fill random spots accordingly. 



 




1 comment: