Total Pageviews

Friday, February 9, 2024

Hilarious Movie

 My 91 year old client wanted to rent a movie called “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” the other night. I was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I googled the movie during the movie (my ex husband used to hate me for doing that) and found out that it’s a true story. I remember the anchor Marvin Zindler from my early years living in Houston- while googling the movie I told my client, “omg that character is actually supposed to be a spoof on Marvin Zindler.”  She nodded and laughed. It was an absolutely hilarious movie. I was dead. My favorite part was when the sheriff went to visit the governor of Texas to try and prevent the brothel from being closed down. The governor said all kinds of things about the place, and the “Madame” who was Dolly Parton’s character- but it was all dressed up with “I don’t know her first hand of course- I just heard.” Lolol. 

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOSH- I haven't heard of that movie in years! What fun!

    ReplyDelete