Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Birthday Tidbits

Yesterday was my 46th birthday. It might be kind of a morbid habit, but every year on my birthday I Google who died at the age that I’m turning. I started doing it when I was 36. I’m not sure why. I don’t t do it because I am anticipating and looking forward to death. I do it to be grateful. Notable people who died at age 46 were JFK, George Floyd, Andre the Giant, Chyna the wrestler, and George Orwell. Don’t regret growing old. It’s a privilege denied to many. 

I realize that maybe the reason why the pharmacist gave me so much of a hard time with my prescription was because she mistaking thought I had picked it up the day the doctor called it in. I didn’t. But still- being on gabapentin comes with a lot of professional people looking down their noses at you. The medication is a blessing, but comes with that. 

In more exciting news, I went to Whole Foods market and bought a tomato that looks like a butt!  I really went for some variations in my heart healthy sandwich creation. I got “broccoli sprouts” and more alfalfa sprouts. I’d never heard of broccoli sprouts before. I hope they’re good. Also got more nutritional yeast, which I’m actually not sure if it’s heart healthy or not. I’d have to google. I do know that a lot of vegans use it to replace cheese. You can throw it over pasta or stir fry veggies to make those things taste cheesy without cheese. My daughter used to ask me when she was really little, “Mommy can you make macaroni and nutritious yeast?”  It’s really good. 


More to come. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment