Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Patchwork Potholders 🌹 🪡 🧵

I had trouble with the tiny triangles from the book “101 Patchwork Potholders” by Linda Causee. So I picked this one, number 56, which only uses “square G”. 


It’s supposed to look like a flower in a pot when you hold it diagonally, but I didn’t have scraps that really made that effect happen. One of the cats peed on a pile of squares, so I’m using the ones they didn’t get.  

This is the first one I did.  The plain colors make it easy to spot inaccuracy. 


Then I did this one, which still has inaccuracy, but it’s harder to tell with the prints on the fabric. 


Then I decided I wasn’t crazy about that “flower” design anyway. So I did one just alternating the squares. Yes the one with the triangles is from the Harry Potter fat quarter bundle from Walmart. I guess the Harry Potter denim chenille quilt isn’t happening. The idea disappeared from my inspiration. That means I can take the receipt for it out of the chartreuse envelope. 




 Maybe inaccuracies with these teeny tiny pieces can be fixed with placing a pin each time I make a seam. I also need bifocals pretty badly. I’m due for an eye exam in October. He told me to get them but I wasn’t willing to face middle age and say yes to bifocals. Oh well. I was taking my glasses off and putting them on a lot while making these. I’m still going to make potholders out of them for my own kitchen. 

1 comment:

  1. If you get bifocals, definitely pay extra for the no-line ones.

    ReplyDelete