Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Potholders Continued

I didn’t cut whole 9 inch pieces to be the backs of the potholders. I just put two patchwork pieces together, stuck three pieces of cotton batting in the middle of each one, and zig zag stitched over the main seams on one side. Yes this made the other side funky, but the point of these isn’t to look perfect- it’s to relearn something I was good at over 25 years ago and that panic attacks made me forget how to do. I was surprised that the book was right about needing three pieces of cotton batting.  As soon as I felt it with only one, I was like nah this is never going to hold back the heat. The next step is to make binding strips and cut it all along the edges
To be even. I completely forgot how to bind. I just know at some point you hand stitch!!  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment