Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Bad Kids

 Kevin is not the biggest fan of kids who misbehave a lot. He coined the term “shithead kids” for them. When we were first getting serious, I asked how he felt about having a teenage stepdaughter. He said that Evita is a great kid- “not some shithead kid”. And now we use the term jokingly if we see one in public or otherwise. 

I recently listened to Trace Evidence talked about The murder of Shirley McAvoy   She was a mother of two who was murdered in 1990. Her kids were in 7th grade and 3rd grade when she died. She had been missing for a couple of months. One of her kids actually found out about her murder from a shithead kid on the playground. He told her, “Hey I heard they found your mom.”  She said she perked up and got excited for a minute, until the kid started describing the scene in great grotesque detail.  I told Kevin about this and said, “That was a shithead kid.”  He said, “Yup!  That’s the working definition!”  

How terrible and what a horrible kid. I wonder if he ever found her on social media years later and apologized. I can tell you that most people in my classes growing up all apologized to each other for any bullying we may have done. 

1 comment:

  1. That's great to know they apologized. I was just this morning thinking about how I'm holding on to something that happened to me years ago and realized I can't let go because I want an apology. And preferable before the individual passes on, as I refuse to accept an apology after he dies, his spirit realizes what he's done, and he hangs around wanting to apologize to lessen what he has to deal with on the other side.

    ReplyDelete