Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Tidbits for a Thursday off

I forgot to mention these purple lingerie pants that I got yesterday at 25 cent day. I took the lavender lace off of the side of the pants and put that plus some elastic pieces from the waist band in my sewing kit. I also kept the purple silky fabric. 




I’m also making queso in the basketball.  To make crockpot queso, chop a block of velveeta into cubes and stick it in with a can of tomatoes + chiles.  You can also add a can of actual chili, but I didn’t since Kevin is a vegetarian.  I later added onions and poblanos.  Then Kevin called from his errands out to tell me he wants to take me out to a nice restaurant tonight. So the inner part of the crockpot I’m just going to wrap and put in the fridge. 




Kevin and I have a few days off, so I’m working on a lot of things here at home, including my writing.  Last year, I participated in NaNoWriMo but quit on the fifth day. This year, I’m getting ahead of it by setting aside time about every 3-4 days to write 1,667 words of my book. My book is emotionally heavy, so a daily commitment is too hard for me. I did write the 1,667 words two days in August so far, and it’s only the 8th. I also did a nice post on my other blog- which I will share soon, but not yet. I did finally have the guts to share it with my friend Julieta Duvall, and here’s the advice she had for me:


Ok so I might. But I’m not ready to really do anything with it yet except add more posts. If the Wordpress “daily prompt” is something I can answer while still talking about my past work with kids, then I’ll do that a few more times. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment