Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2024

Banana Bread 🍞 🍌

I went to a store called Brookshire Brothers here in Hempstead (the next town over from Waller, Tx). It’s a grocery store in rural areas all over Texas. I browsed the produce section and saw that they had way too many bananas. The bananas were not only marked down, but had this display next to them of these bread mixes.  The instructions say to add two ripe bananas, water and one egg. Well that’s easy. I suppose the store made that display in order to encourage people to buy up their banana surplus. So I did. Last night they were ripe enough, so I did the mix according to the instructions. While it was in the oven, I had to turn the oven off prematurely. My daughter had been here the last few days and had baked a frozen pizza on a pan that was too small for the pizza, so there must have been some cheese that spilled onto the oven floor. I’m going to have to clean it, so I turned the oven off and just left the banana bread mix in there until it completely cooled. When I took the pan out, I realized that it had mostly baked after all. The center was not baked, but after I put the slices in the freezer for a while, it just tasted like a cream filling. I’d never seen these mixes before. They are good to have n hand so you don’t waste bananas. 





 

1 comment: