Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Weekend of Tidbits

Mitchell decided he needed to guard my sewing kit.  (The hat box is my sewing kit.) 




I got a crockpot recipe for three ingredient apple pie/crumbly cake. Two cans of apple pie filling at the bottom of the crockpot, topped with spice cake mix and pats of butter. That’s what it looked like in the beginning. The end result looked like awful, gloop/shit but it tasted AMAZING. Yup we had it a la mode!

On another note, I’ve been reading my dad’s old Fanny Farmer Cookbook. Years ago I said with the advent of the internet, I no longer needed cookbooks. But now when you google a recipe, you get enormous articles preceding them. It will go over the history of the recipes, the biology of pecans (or whatever), or that maybe some historical figure liked to eat it,

I mean they just write about EVERYTHING when all I want is a recipe. I’m putting blank notecards in the pages of stuff I like. Maybe I’ll hand write them all for an index card box like my grandmothers and some of my aunts did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment