Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 3, 2024

Baby Shower Gifts

My daughter and I are going to a baby shower tomorrow. I was going to make a Diaper cake, but damn. Diapers are expensive as hell. What has happened since 2007?  The boxes I used to buy for $20-something are now $40-something. The ones that cost $20-something don’t have enough diapers for a diaper cake. That’s insane. The last baby shower I went to was in 2017, and I made a diaper cake. It was affordable!  The link I posted above also gave the idea to put a bottle of baby shampoo or baby lotion as the center of the structure. I looked at those bottles, and they are about $8-$10. What?  When Evita was a baby,
I paid $2-$3 for those. Are they trying to punish people for having babies nowadays?  No wonder millennials aren’t having kids. I was going to look at the baby clothes, but I was traumatized. My friend the expectant mother is going to get a gift card to Pizza Hut from me! 

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I've gone to a baby shower, whether for family or coworkers, I've made a quilt. Now that you're into quilting, there's an idea for you and they don't have to be fancy. Just two pieces of fabric with batting in-between, held together with a stich here a stitch there, edged with ribbon or seam binding would be something the recipient would treasure.

    ReplyDelete