Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Creativity for the End of August

Look at how full my cone of miscellaneous beads is getting!  Now, I have mentioned that I go to garage sales. And if they have a lot of beaded costume jewelry, I lowball them for all of what they have, and cut it all up to make different jewelry with. I got this idea from a facebook group-
Someone asked what to do with their miscellaneous jewels. 
The last garage sale I went to didn’t have jewelry, but she did have gallon ziplocks full of craft supplies for $2 each. In one of them was about a dozen tubes of “seed beads”. I honestly despise seed beads, but I’m keeping tree colors just in case I ever want to make Tree of Life pendants. But the pink and red spaces here are actually those seed beads. I applied hot glue, poured the beads on to it, and let it dry. Over a towel of course. I was very careful not to spill them. I have to be careful for my cats!  Although my cats would probably have just as hard of a time seeing these things as I would!! 



Secondly, my denim chenille quilt made from old rainbow colored jeans is underway- I finished the red, orange, and yellow rows. I also did a blue row, but including squares from that blue shirt from the last 25 cent day I went to, kind of ruined the whole aesthetic. So I’m doing another blue row soon. At least that shirt was only 25 cents and gave me great buttons. 
I’m also taking to heart all the patchwork advice I’ve gotten in my beginners sewing Facebook group. My corners look way more even than the ones in my first two quilts I gave

to Evita for her birthday. 



Last but not least, I made oatmeal cookies from a recipe from my dad’s old cookbook. I froze about 2/3 of the batter for later. 



 No more creativity for about a week and a half. We are going to be busy until the end of the month. I might come home from work tomorrow or whenever and bake some more of the oatmeal cookie dough. Instead of raisins. I put almond slices. And instead of molasses I put vanilla extract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment