Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Cardio ultrasound

 Yesterday afternoon I went for a cardio echo Doppler, which was basically like an ultrasound of my heart. The cardiologist that I saw for heart palpitations ordered it for just in case purposes. When I entered the room, the ultrasound tech asked me if I was still having palpitations. I said no. The cardiologist told me to give up energy drinks, and I did. The heart palpitations completely stopped about 48 hours after the last energy drink, and I haven’t had any in about a week. But I still went to the test just in case. 

I’ve never had an ultrasound of any other part of my body except for my uterus when I was pregnant. I thought the cardio ultrasound was pretty cool looking (and sounding). It really did feel like I was at an obgyn’s office getting and ultrasound to look at a baby. I wasn’t wearing glasses, so the heart also was sort of fetus shaped with my blurred vision. I thought to myself, what if that was a baby moving that much. It would be a very spazzy baby. But I didn’t say that out loud. The ultrasound tech was talking about her own energy drink addiction. She also has three kids and clearly a 9-5. If I had a 9-5 and three kids I might not be able to give them up either. 



No comments:

Post a Comment