Total Pageviews

Friday, September 20, 2024

Kickboxing Class 🥊


 I always admired kickboxing. I think it just looks cool, and it looks therapeutic as well. I googled kickboxing class last week, and this morning, I attended a free class at the Rockbox Gym in Cyfair. 

It was free, but they made me purchase these knuckle protectors for $15. I also put on regular boxing gloves over these, but those weren’t mine to keep. 

I was ten minutes early since it was my first time.  An instructor showed me the basic moves. Then more people showed up for the class. Once class got started, it was very hard to keep up. The others in the class are way ahead of me in this area. However, if I couldn’t keep up with exactly what moves to do, I just randomly punched and kicked. 

At the end of the class, I told them it wasn’t for me. They insisted that I did really well!  (Haha, I didn’t, they just wanted me to sign up for more classes).  But now that I am going about my day more, I feel really good!  I think it actually is for me, but the pace was too fast for me being my very first time. It’s both physically and mentally therapeutic to do this. The Rockbox Gym doesn’t have beginner classes, it’s all the same there. I’m thinking about looking around for other places that might have this at a more beginner pace. Either that, or a gym with punching bags that I can just go do whatever.  

When I got home, Kevin told me I was really brave for trying that. I love that he encourages me so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment