Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Mormon Thrift Store

I went shopping today at Deseret, which is a thrift store run by the Mormon church. I got Evita a blank mounted canvas, an angel for the Christmas tree, a calf length yellow t shirt dress/nightgown, leggings, and more black pants for work. 

I did find a Shantung formal dress in size 24 that looked like a bridesmaids dress. The lace top was stained all over the neckline and shoulders. It looked like someone took the punch bowl and dumped it over this bridesmaid’s head. The dress was priced at $6. I wondered excitedly if the shantung was silk- the skirt was not stained so all that silk shantung for $6 would have been a steal. But it wasn’t - it was polyester. I didn’t get it. I thought afterwards that I could have made a nice skirt out of the polyester shantung but oh well- I’m not going back. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment