Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Thrift Store 25 Cent Day

 So I think I finally figured out how this thrift store works.  It’s called “Family Thrift”, and it’s a chain with many locations around Houston (and probably other cities, idk)  The location I frequent is the outlet. All other Family Thrift locations are expensive.  I know because I’ve tried some of them out.  This one is priced based on what day it is with Wednesday being 25 cent day and Thursday being the most expensive at $2.25 per item, and the weekends are $1.75 and $1.50 days.  On Wednesdays, they are only open at 7:30-11:30 am.  Then after they close, they throw everything away and get their entirely new shipment of items from all the other Family Thrift centers.  So when I get stuff on 25 cent day, I’m literally saving it from the landfill, because that’s the next step.  


Today was interesting!  I got 27 items for a total of $6.75 plus tax.  I got in line behind two ladies fighting over who was next in line.  I started videoing them, because I thought they’d start throwing hands.  They didn’t.  


Most of what I got was jeans.  But I got this thing.  What is it?  A tutu?  I took it to my mom’s house and cut all the tulle pieces off and saved the row of knots to play with my cats with.  Some of the tulle pieces had flowers.  The ones that didn’t are perfect square pieces.  They’re all bagged up now in a Walmart bag to go in the fabric stash.  


I came to my mom’s house so I could put her trash out.  The big can is too much for her to handle.  I went to the laundromat beforehand in order to wash and dry the three finished quilts.  I also washed two loads of our own day to day stuff.  There was only one other couple in there, so lots of dryers available.  After I’m done at my mom’s house, the next stop today is Walmart for dishes sponges and deodorant. 






No comments:

Post a Comment