Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

17th Birthday and More on the Quilts


 So… No. At least I don’t think so. I made several of these several years ago, and they have held up through several washings. My mom keeps one on her chair and one in her closet. I have one in my car. They were all made about 15 years ago. I used the smallest and tightest setting on the stitches, and it’s the fibers in the fabrics that’s unraveling. Not the thread. 


My daughter loves them. She even said they feel like together they can feel like a “weighted blanket”. She and I have a weighted blanket, but it’s drab gray. They never come in fun colors or patterns. 

I gave them to her today because it’s her 17th birthday. I woke up this morning with the song “Dancing Queen” stuck in my head for that reason. “She’s a dancing queen! Only 17!”  I also got her this shrimp platter and cake before I picked her up. I took her to Panera and then to work. This store has her working a lot of hours. I’m happy for her. She’s making good money and has no bills!

She also celebrated the other day with friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment