Total Pageviews

Monday, June 24, 2024

Updates on Thrift Finds

 

Evita tried on the dress before I tore it apart. The expression on her face says she never would have worn it anyway, even though it appears to fit her to a T. The first thing I did with this dress was take out the zipper. My thrift finds from Sunday produced three zippers for my sewing kit. I’m not sure how much zippers are in a fabric store, but a few dollars at least. I took off all the trim and also put that in my sewing kit. There was more trim in this than I thought. 

I also got the zipper out of the dress with the built in bra  


 I also cut out the boob enhancers and put those in my sewing kit along with the silver trim, the emblem, and the long row of green shantung from the bottom.  


The denim long dress also got me a zipper: 

I also cut 30 squares for future denim chenille quilts and the six little flowers on the front went into my sewing kit. 

I also got a lot of elastic for the sewing kit from the enormous purple pants made from quilting fabric. 

I haven’t cut them into squares yet, though. That’s on the list. 


Another thing I didn’t mention was that I got an enormous red T-shirt in size 4X. It goes to my knees. This doesn’t need a picture. It’s just a huge red t-shirt. I plan to take it in and shape it to make it a fitted women’s t-shirt. You can alter t-shirts with a zig zag stitch. 


Then I started preparing all the ties we bought for Evita’s necktie skirt. Seven of the ties had horsehair interfacing!  That’s really expensive. The other ties had polyester interfacing which I threw away. But I saved the horsehair in my sewing kit for headbands and things with collars I may make in the future. 

No actual buttons though. I can’t make it to 25 cent day or 50 cent day this week so hopefully next week. We’ll see!  I don't have enough ties for the skirt so need to go back anyway. 

1 comment:

  1. You've given me an idea. I've been looking at shredded denim shorts for the summer. They're going for $65, which I refuse to pay. Looking at your finds, the idea now is, when I pop into Salvation Army to donate my old Instant Pot and Air Fryer in a few days, I'll look for $2.00 jeans, cut and shred them myself.

    ReplyDelete