Total Pageviews

Friday, June 14, 2024

Ended Friendship

I had to end my friendship with T over her not approving of my relationship with Kevin. Of course I didn’t “have to”. This is the kind of stuff I’ve dealt with for years. Random people trying to tell me that I shouldn’t want a relationship with a man, or to get married or to have a family. T never met Kevin. It’s not him she has a problem with, it’s the idea of a relationship in general. I blocked her number after this and blocked her on all social media. But it’s still staying with me. I often struggle with this pressure from society to believe that he’s just going to up and leave me at any moment. How do I satisfy that sort of  “societal requirement” of me and still trust him/believe him when he says he’ll never leave me?  It’s the most intangible balance ever- the balance probably doesn’t even exist. The pressure on women to always be ready, even to the point of having a “Go Bag” is likely not conducive to having a trusting relationship. Maybe that was done on purpose, so we could all be an island. 
Kevin likes to watch YouTube videos of people getting arrested. I’m not sure the appeal, it’s his thing. The other day I was in bed reading while Kevin watched This video. I couldn’t help it, I blurted out that she reminded me of T. Since Kevin never met T, he said “seriously?”  Yes. The rambling, the constant changing subjects, the constant obvious intoxication. Even though this lady passed the sobriety test at the end, she clearly wasn’t sober. 
T’s ramblings are clear in the below screenshots. Ohio is a dowry state?  Is it really?  Was I actually tempted to believe that at first?  
My mother gave my mother in law an unused raised toilet seat. We joked that that’s my dowry. Oh no, “Texas is a dowry state!”  
I miss T, I really do, but you need to cut people off when they’re like this. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment