Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Denim Scrap Wreath 👖

The two scrap wreaths I made before were given to my mom and mother in law. I started cutting up the jeans I bought at the thrift store last week for 25 cents each and made a denim scrap wreath. The denim one was more tricky. The strips had to be one inch wide instead of two, and they had to be stretchy (either from fabric that contained spandex or that was cut diagonal to the grainline). They also had to be tied onto two rungs of the wreath frame instead of only one. 
As you can see, Mitchell is a huge fan. 
Some other things I am working on:
I purchased a Wordpress domain for $49 a year and have been blogging about all the work I’ve done over the years with children. It’s to help me write my book, is under a different pseudonym, I'm not ready to share it yet, and I’ve been doing one post a day. 
I’ve also been watching a YouTuber named Coolirpa who is got to be the most gifted seamstress I’ve ever seen. She has a series called Thrifted Transformations where she transforms things she found in thrift stores. I want to do my own thrifted transformations. They won’t be as elaborate as hers, but I am going to do some things with some 25 cent Wednesday finds or 50 cent Tuesday finds. For starters, Evita wants me to make her a Skirt from neckties. I will be using a waistband and zipper taken from the jeans I bought on 25 cent day. 



We went to the store where Evita works as a cashier yesterday and went through her line. Here’s a pic I snapped of her. Yes she’s wearing an inside out shirt. When I asked her why, she said “Because I have to wear plain black shirts”. So today I went and got her three small black polo shirts. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment