Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Thrifted Transformation Hopefuls

Today I took my daughter to the thrift store that has 25 cent Wednesdays. Sunday is $1.50 day, and I wanted her to look around for things that go with her unique style. She found a handful of things, I bought a bunch of ties for her tie skirt, and I looked for things to “transform” in order to relearn my sewing abilities that I lost after ten years of debilitating panic attacks. I got the idea from a YouTuber named Coolirpa and her series “Thrifted Transformations.”  

The first thing is this long denim dress in size small. I can take out the buttons, tie, and zipper for my stash and then cut up the skirt into squares for the denim chenille quilts. 




This is also size small. I think I can probably cut it apart, make the gathered pieces into a straight or A line skirt. The bodice, who knows. A quilt square or two?  Ideas can come later as well. 



This one is exactly the same on the back hence no second picture.  I might actually wear this a couple times and then get an idea of what to “transform” it into  



This one I have no idea- it’s beautiful though.  The ideas will come. 




Same with this. It also has a built in bra.  Maybe I can make a bra! 😂  

If nothing else, I can just make headbands out of it for practice.  Like I said, I’m relearning. 




I can wear this.  It fits nicely. But we’ll see, maybe I’ll make it sleeveless and take it in just for practice.  I’m not as advanced as Coolirpa. 



These enormous pants are made from 100% cotton quilting fabric so that is that it’s becoming - quilt squares  and the elastic can go into my sewing kit stash. 



This one can be used to practice lace stitching.  



 

Ideas welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment