Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Thrift Stores are the new Fabric Stores


 A lot of people online who sew are making it more popular to repurpose thrift store items than to build their “stashes” from items bought new at the fabric stores. That’s because fabric stores are getting too expensive. So are some thrift stores, but definitely not the one I go to now with their 50 cent Tuesdays and 25 cent Wednesdays. I won’t be able to go either day this week, but maybe next. I was able to get several buttons and two waistbands from all the jeans I bought last Tuesday on 25 cent day. 
I didn’t take out any buttons that were fastened with a grommet. Just the regular buttons pictured above. I’m going to use the waistbands to make skirts. At least one of which will be a neck tie skirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment